The Apprenticeship Levy has changed the landscape of learning and development for larger employers. As a major commitment to increasing the quality of adult training provision, the government has handed over control to the employers themselves, but along with the responsibility comes the cost – 0.5% of the total wage bill of organisations with a wage bill exceeding £3m.
Key Levy Facts
- The Levy will apply to all organisations with an annual paybill of over £3million per annum, regardless of whether they already employ apprentices.
- It will be payable by employers in the UK at the rate of 0.5% of their paybill cost through PAYE collected monthly alongside Income Tax and National Insurance.
- Employers will not be required to pay the first £15K of the levy.
If your company’s Levy pot is not fully utilised, it will remain with the Exchequer.
Handled correctly, the Apprenticeship Levy presents a fabulous opportunity, but most businesses are not equipped to develop, run and accredit apprenticeships, and will need assistance in making the most of the potential and avoiding any pitfalls. An appropriately accredited and experienced training partner is the essential first step.
Fortunately, Qualitrain has guided thousands of training candidates to successful outcomes and helped many businesses to manage their training programmes.
As a fully-accredited and highly-experienced training provider, Qualitrain can:
- Assist you to calculate and access your Levy pot via the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS).
- Completely manage the administration of your Levy pot, or work with you to develop your approach and delivery.
- Help you to maximise the value of your fund and avoid waste.
- Analyse your processes to identify the frameworks which best answer your needs, whatever the age of your workforce.
- Provide Matrix accredited and Ofsted supervised back office support to ensure accurate and timely delivery in accordance with your KPIs.
- Provide back office and end point assessment support if you want to run your own levy-based training programmes.
- Neutralise your Learning and Development budget by accessing your Levy pot.
For further information on how to maximise the benefit of these important changes, please contact Qualitrain for an exploratory discussion with no commitment.